Todd Piccuillo (Sales Director, Certification and Training, ICMI)
Tim McElgunn (Principal Analyst, ICMI)
Location: Java Sea 2
Date: Tuesday, October 17
Time: 12:30 pm - 3:45 pm
Premium Pass -
Get your pass now!
Elevate Your Strategy and Leadership
Vault Recording: TBD
Between 2010 and 2021, more than 500,000 lives were lost to suicide in the United States alone. In the summer of 2022, the federally mandated crisis number – 988 – went live and contacts surged. Year over year, from July 2022 to July 2023, the more than 200 local- and state-funded crisis centers took almost 5 million contacts; of that, 2.6 million were calls, more than 740,000 were chats, and more than 600,000 were texts. Overall, this surge represented a 45% increase in contacts over the previous year.
How are crisis centers coping with this surge in demand? In this workshop, we aim to consider the unique challenges and opportunities facing crisis centers, including:
- Expanding staffing to meet demand
- Meeting high KPIs set by crisis center leaders
- Addressing crisis centers’ unique workforce management needs, including alternate approaches to average handle time and first call resolution
- Implementing best practices for scheduling and ensuring 24x7 coverage across multiple channels, particularly for small teams and/or teams of volunteers
- Managing burnout for crisis center counselors
- Selecting and implementing technology platforms to support moving to a virtual workplace
Join us for an afternoon of panel discussions and roundtables with proven crisis center leaders, and walk away with the insights you need to optimize your crisis center’s performance. Speakers include:
- Stephanie Grosser, 988 Tech Lead, SAMHSA
- Laura Clark, Sr. Director, PRS, CrisisLink
- Brianna Green, Director, PRS, CrisisLink
- Ariel Gordon, Hotline Director, Everymind
- Sam Rosenblum, Hotline Technical Operations Manager, Everymind
Pre-registration is required to participate in this training. Contact ICM[email protected] to inquire about a Premium conference pass.